Association of interpreters and translators for sign language achieves its goals in the Republic of Serbia in the field of professional and court translation into sign language. Translation of linguistic expression, active understanding and preservation of semantic meaning and sense of the message, the basic knowledge of the cultural background of the source and target language are the basis of the quality of services that the Association provides.
The main activities of the Association is to provide translation services from and into sign language, we are training interpreters and translators, organizing training for learning sign language and other specific forms of communication, in order to overcome social and other difficulties arising in people impaired as a result of damage hearing.
The aim of the Association is to develop and promote the translation profession in the field of simultaneous interpretation, actively to promote and improve professional translation staff, as well as to contribute to the welfare of translators as well as the professional community, representing their interests in all cases when necessary and participates in all negotiations which them interested in.
Aims and objectives of the Association are:
- Cooperation with the competent authorities, schools, institutions in the purpose to promote a sign language,
- Editing Statute interpreters and translators of sign language and deaf people exercising their right to using a sign language;
- Contribute to the promotion of sign language ;
- Professional development of translators and interpreters of sign language;
- Communication with service users;
- Organize a school for sign language at all levels as well as specific learning programs according to the request and needs of the market;
- Organizing only or in community with other organizations, professional meetings, conferences, seminars and other forms of education in the field of professional and judicial interpretation for sign language;
- It deals with the publication of books, DVDs and other publications;
- Raising awareness of translators, the general public and users for the rules and ethics of the profession;
- Assistance in informing face with hearing and speech through public media of all
- social trends and changes of positive regulations;
- If necessary, supporting himself by participating in an inclusive education system at all levels to inclusion of persons with hearing impairment in mainstream education.
Our vision is to improve society throughrespect for the rights to freedom of deaf people. In whom deaf and hard of hearing persons as users of sign language, exercising their right to use and the use of sign language. The promotion of the linguistic identity of the deaf community and sign language.
Our mission is to improve the work and education of interpreter for sign language, as well as the implementation of activities that will be the answer to the needs of the deaf community. The promotion of the linguistic identity of the deaf community and sign language.